Dr. Dawne Engele is a busy naturopathic doctor looking for a medical receptionist/administrative assistant to join her team. The Canmore Health and Wellness Centre is a sought-after alternative health clinic in downtown Canmore, Alberta. Dr. Engele is passionate about helping people to achieve extraordinary health, and she is looking for someone to help her do that most effectively. The ideal team member is organized, self-directed, and excited about helping people in their health journey.
At the Canmore Health and Wellness Centre, we strive to provide excellent patient care. That begins with a professional, positive, and compassionate attitude. Your day will be filled with interruptions, time-sensitive requests, and numerous “small things” to be managed. The successful candidate will be a person who is able to multi-task, prioritize, and to maintain a professional demeanor in the face of unexpected events. There will also be stretches of “down time” when a self-motivated team member will take initiative to get done routine tasks as well as complete ongoing projects.
Currently, hours are during regular business hours: approximately 9:15-5:30, Monday - Thursday, and 9:30 - 2:30 on Sundays. Given the sensitive nature of information the role entails, the successful applicant will be required to sign and honor a confidentiality agreement encompassing patient information and business practices.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Extensive computer use. Dr. Engele maintains EMRs and strives toward a paperless office. Experience with Jane clinic management software is a significant asset.
- Facility with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required
- Familiarity with Mac is helpful but not required
- Greeting patients and moving them to the appropriate treatment room
- Ensuring intake and consent forms have been completed
- Booking new and follow up appointments in the online booking system in accordance with Dr. Engele’s recommendations
- Optimizing appointment bookings (cluster booking, looking ahead through the week to ensure Dr. Engele’s time is optimized)
- Confirming appointments via phone call or email
- Answering questions (scripts and information provided) about Dr. Engele’s services and about naturopathic treatment in general
- Accepting payment for services not covered by extended health insurance
- Direct billing to a variety of extended health care insurance providers
- Answering incoming phone calls and checking for phone messages
- Scanning and uploading patient records to secure EMR
- Basic clerical duties: filing, retrieving information, sending and receiving digital faxes
- Capturing and documenting administrative processes (ie: adding to our Front Office Manual)
- Maintaining inventory of supplies within clinical database and preparing orders
- Providing patients with contact information for other health practitioners to whom Dr. Engele refers
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness and organization in common clinic spaces
- Light housekeeping of common clinic spaces: sweeping/vacuuming/mopping floors, dusting, washing windows, cleaning bathrooms, organizing books and magazines, emptying garbages, etc.
- Opening and closing the wellness centre and ensuring the clinic is secured
- Liaising with other practitioners and assisting in managing practitioner room bookings
- Other administrative duties as required
- 1-3 years of previous experience as a medical receptionist (any medically-oriented office, including: hospital administration, chiropractic, dental, physiotherapy, naturopathic, psychology, private health clinics, spas, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency within the Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with clinic management software (Jane preferred)
- Fluency in the English language; spoken, reading, and writing (required)
- Professional appearance in accordance with an alternative health clinic (business casual dress, well-groomed, no synthetic scents)
- Facility with the professional use of social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) preferred (but not required)
- Ability to manage a self-directed work environment to a high standard
- Ability to take care of small but important details while keeping in mind “the big picture”
- A calm, relaxed, professional demeanor, including conflict resolution skills.
Pay starts at $19/hour and is commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Dr. Engele at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer; all candidates who are adequately qualified are encouraged to apply, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. A criminal records check will be required of the successful candidate and will only be requested as the final step if an offer of employment is tendered.
Our practitioners are here to help you. Understandably, there will be several changes to how we are able to serve you.
* If you feel ill, please do not come to the clinic. This includes any cough, fever, runny nose, shortness of breath, or feeling of fatigue/malaise that is not related to a previous condition. *
Please bring a mask with you or we will have some available for purchase for $1.00 for the duration of your visit.
You can enter the clinic only through our 9th street entrance (just across from the Civic Centre).
705 9th St
Please wait in your car or enjoy the fresh air outside until approximately 2 minutes before your appointment. This will minimize the number of people in our waiting room and allow us to maintain social distancing.
Upon entering, please immediately sanitize your hands. Your practitioner or our friendly receptionist will be taking your temperature with a touch-free infrared thermometer. You will be asked the AHS required COVID-19 screening questions as you enter the clinic.
We understand that some of these requirements seem tedious (especially answering the same questions over and over) but please be patient with us. These measures are in place for your protection and are required by the regulatory bodies of our practitioners.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call or email the clinic and we will be happy to help you.
Reap the cardiovascular and detoxification benefits of our Far Infrared Sauna. Our private sauna room includes a shower stocked with Rocky Mountain Soap products. The infrared sauna warms you from the inside, leaving the air you breathe a moderate temperature, eliminating the sensation of claustrophobia some people experience with overheated dry or steam saunas.
One Private Sauna Session. $25
(approximately 1 hour)
Love to sauna? Book in for a weekly session to detox, burn calories, and relax!
5 Session Package $115
Dr. Dawne is passionate about helping ordinary people achieve extraordinary health. She is committed to helping residents of the Bow Valley and beyond to live the life they love.
We are your one-stop-shop for health and wellness. Our practitioners provide exemplary care to help you achieve your wellness goals. We offer: Functional Medicine, Food Sensitivity Testing, Vitamin injections, IMS, Massage, Psychology, Microneedling, Lash Lifts, Henna Brows and more!
Are you looking for a beautiful space to practice? We have treatment rooms available on a full-time or part-time basis. Enjoy the simplicity of walking into a turnkey, purpose-built wellness clinic and doing what you do best...taking care of people! We are especially looking for an acupuncturist to join our diverse family of practitioners
Sign up for our clinic newsletter featuring health tips and tricks from our talented practitioners